Thursday, April 23, 2020
Through All the Changing Scenes of Life - #29
"Through All the Changing Scenes of Life"
by Nicholas Brady, 1659-1726
and Nahum Tate, 1652-1715
1. Through all the changing scenes of life,
In trouble and in joy,
The praises of my God shall still
My heart and tongue employ.
2. Of His deliverance I will boast
Till all that are distrest
From my example comfort take
And charm their griefs to rest.
3. Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
With me exalt His name!
When in distress to Him I cried,
He to my rescue came.
4. The hosts of God encamp around
The dwellings of the just;
Deliverance He affords to all
Who on His succor trust.
5. Oh, make but trial of His love!
Experience will decide
How blest are they, and only they,
Who is His truth confide.
6. Fear Him, ye saints, and you will then
Have nothing else to fear;
Make you His service your delight,
He'll make your wants His care.
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Ps. 34
Authors: Nicholas Brady and Nahum Tate, 1696, alt.
Tune: "Ich singe dir"
1st Published in: _Harmonischer Liederschatz_
Town: Frankfurt, 1738