Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Praise to Thee and Adoration - #401 - Kingo

 Norma A. Boeckler


"Praise to Thee and Adoration"
By Thomas Hansen Kingo, 1634-1703

1. Praise to Thee and adoration,
Blessed Jesus, Son of God,
Who, to serve Thine own creation,
Didst partake of flesh and blood.
Teach me that I never may
From Thy fold or pastures stray,
But with zeal and joy exceeding
Follow where Thy steps are leading.

2. Let me never, Lord, forsake Thee,
E'en though bitter pain and strife
On my way shall overtake me;
But may I through all my life
Walk in fervent love to Thee,
In all woes for comfort flee
To Thy birth, Thy death, and Passion,
Till I see Thy full salvation.

Hymn #401
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Ps. 106: 1
Author: Thomas Hansen Kingo, 1689
Translated by: Kristen Kvamme et al, 1904
Titled: "Lov og Tak og evig Aere"
Tune: "Freu dich sehr"
1st Published: Genevan Psalter, 1551

No comments:

Post a Comment