Friday, April 17, 2020

Jerusalem, My Happy Home - #618



"Jerusalem, My Happy Home"
by F.B.P., c. 1580


1. Jerusalem, my happy home,
Name ever dear to me,
When shall my labors have an end?
Thy joys when shall I see?

2. When shall these eyes thy heav'n-built walls
And pearly gates behold,
Thy bulwarks with salvation strong,
And streets of shining gold?

3. Oh, when, thou city of my God,
Shall I thy courts ascend
Where evermore the angels sing,
Where Sabbaths have no end?

4. Apostles, martyrs, prophets, there
Around my Savior stand;
And soon my friends in Christ below
Will join the glorious band.

5. Jerusalem, my happy home,
When shall I come to thee?
When shall my labors have an end?
Thy joys when shall I see?

6. O Christ, do Thou my soul prepare
For that bright home of love
That I may see Thee and adore
With all Thy saints above.

Hymn #618
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Psalm 42:2
Author: F.B.P., c. 1580
Cento 1801, alt.
Composer: Alexander R. Reinagle, 1836
Tune: "St. Peter"


No comments:

Post a Comment